|This is a great opportunity to join the Louisville Slugger Museum for a seasonal Spring/Summer position.|
|Depending on strengths, skill set, and interests, summer team members could do a variety of front-line positions. Serve as an ambassador for the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory brand. Provide dynamic, enthusiastic, professional tours of the Louisville Slugger bat factory as well as present public programming designed to attract and delight guests at Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory. Assist in the ticket center, museum store, batting cage, and with special events as needed. Provide interaction with guests in exhibit areas, including our temporary exhibits and work in our Hold A Piece of History exhibit. |
- Give six to eight guided tours of the Louisville Slugger bat factory each day while adhering to the standard tour script and maintaining an enthusiastic, dynamic approach to every tour.
- Sell tickets, work in museum store, assist with batting cages, special events and other guest services as needed. This includes but not limited to, after-hours events, and assisting with the theater.
- Present public programming, including costumed presentations, to museum visitors. This includes, but is not limited to, our World War II program, hand turning, nub decorating program, art and architecture tours and temporary exhibit specific programming.
- Provide top-notch interaction with all guests, in all areas of the museum, at all times.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Sportsmanship – Achieves greatness by living the values of team sports which includes self-confidence, hard work, dedication and treating others with respect.
Business Expertise – Knows their business; has technical expertise and skill. Understands this industry; its standards, practices and processes. Demonstrates mastery of required job-related knowledge and mastery in performing essential job requirements. Understands the relationship of their business unit to Company.
Customer Focus – Able to listen to and understand as well as meet the needs of external and internal customers and business partners. Gives customer’s needs priority and follows through. Builds positive and fruitful customer relationships. Does not allow internal company issues or personal feelings to interfere with customer service.
Organizing Skills – Puts resources or processes into logical, comprehensible and aesthetically pleasing order. Can plan events, tasks or processes in well-ordered manner. Attends to all details. Seeks and finds all resources needed to successfully implement a task, event or plan, bringing all together into an organized and well-executed endeavor.
Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of status. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments. Exhibits passion and excitement for their work. Is positive and vigorous in actions. Maintain optimism through ups and downs.
- Strong communication skills
- Must have a professional appearance
- Knowledge of and passion for baseball
|All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.|